About the Competition
In today’s business climate marketing is one of the biggest challenges that small businesses are experiencing. An enterprise needs marketing to grow like a fish needs water to survive! Holt Bosse, in partnership with Cornerstone Alliance and the Women’s Business Center at Cornerstone Alliance, launched the Small Fish, Big Pitch competition to help support local small businesses. Join us for this free special event at Shadowland on Silver Beach!
On September 29th, 2021 at 5:00 PM, three businesses will be awarded one of the following packages to use toward its individual marketing needs:
Big Fish Award - $50,000 - Eligible business operating for 6 years or more
Small Fish Award - $30,000 – Eligible business operating for 1 to 5 years
People's Choice Award - $20,000 – Event favorite chosen by attendees
Businesses will be evaluated on the following:
• Growth potential
• Community involvement and Impact
• Uniqueness in the market
Celebrity judges will select the top two prize winners, but your vote is needed to select the People's Choice Award winner! You can help one ambitous entrepreneur win in-kind marketing services from Holt Bosse to be used within two years.
Register here to save your seat at the event.
Applications were assessed using this criteria:
• Small business in Berrien, Cass, or Van Buren County
• At least 1 year old with sales
• Privately owned and in good standing with the State of Michigan
• For profit entity (Not for profits and 501c3 organizations are ineligible)
• Attach materials such as, but not limited to, a pitch deck, lean canvas, business plan, etc.
• Attend a Learn, Know, Grow: Intro. to Small Business Services orientation and workshop
• Be prepared to tell your business’s story
• Pitch experience is not required! All genders, ethnicities, races, and backgrounds are welcome!