Access to Capital
One of the biggest challenges that entrepreneurs face when starting or growing their business is finding the money to do it! Some business owners rely on their personal savings; others bootstrap their financing together through friends and family; some may get funding through banks or credit unions. The Women's Business Center will work with you to identify sources of capital for a start-up business and existing businesses poised for growth.
SBA Microloans are available to for-profit businesses in need of small scale financing for items such as working capital, inventory, machinery or equipment. As a Microloan Intermediary, we service small businesses located in Berrien, Cass of Van Buren Counties with loans from $500 up to $50,000. In order to qualify for a loan, you will need to meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum credit score of 525
- Income that exceeds your personal expenses
- No outstanding tax liens or delinquencies on child support or federal debt
- Collateral that will cover the debt
- Business Plan with projections or two years of business financials
If you have additional questions about the microloan program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 925-6100.