Tax & Accounting Facts Business Owners Need to Know (SCORE)
When: Wednesday, May 10th; 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Where: Kinexus 499 W Main Street @ Riverview Traffic Circle
You don't need to be an accountant to run your business; but you need to know your numbers.
Presented by SCORE Kalamazoo/SW Michigan and the Women's Business Center at Cornerstone Alliance, in cooperation with Kinexus.
To stay on-top of your business, there are key tax and accounting facts which business owners and key managers must understand. In this workshop you will learn:
- The importance of separating your personal and business transactions
- The rules for filing self-employment taxes
- Pension options for small business owners
- Are you hiring an employee or independent contractor?
- Due diligence in monitoring for possible fraud or embezzlement
Our workshop presenter: Karen Brown, a recently retired CPA with over 30 years of experience and Certified SCORE Mentor.
Business owners who are struggling with tax and accounting issues, or those who just need a refresher course, should register today.