Calendar of Events
When: Thursday, October 26th, 2017; 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Where: Harbor Country Chamber of Commerce, 15311 Three Oaks Rd, Three Oaks, MI 49128
Do you have what it takes to start, manage and succeed in your own business?
Presented by SCORE and the Women’s Business Center at Cornerstone Alliance, this workshop is for entrepreneurial individuals thinking about starting their own business.
Topics to be covered include:
- Attributes of successful entrepreneurs
- Common myths about owning a business – a reality check
- The many roles you’ll have as a business owner
- How to turn an idea into a successful business
- How to avoid costly mistakes that lead to failure
- Locally available resources to Start, Grow & Succeed in your own business
Registration Deadline: October 19, 2017
When: Tuesday, November 6th, 13th and 20th, 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Where: Harbor Country Chamber of Commerce; 15311 Three Oaks Road
New or current users of the QuickBooks Online application. Whether from your desktop, tablet or smartphone, QuickBooks Online allows you to handle your accounting and access your data from any internet connection. All the features of the Desktop version of QuickBooks without being tied to your desktop.
- Getting started & Setting up
- All the Accounting You Need to Know
- Navigating QuickBooks
- Online Recording
- Reporting Tools
- Expanding Usability of QuickBooks Online
Anna Burke of Accounting Made Simple will facilitate the class. As a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, accountant, and member of Intuit's Trainer Writer Network, she brings sound advice and the latest tools to each class she instructs. After retiring as a Certified Public Accounting, Anna continues to teach QuickBooks skills to students across the country.
Registration Deadline: October 30th, 2017
When: Tuesday, November 7; 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Where: Area Agency on Aging - 2900 Lakeview Avenue, St Joseph, MI 49085
Are you over 50 and looking for ways to improve your current financial situation? Have you ever dreamed of being your own boss? Work for Yourself@50+ has the information you need to succeed.
AARP Foundation’s Work for Yourself@50+ initiative will help you gain the knowledge, support, and resources you need to make informed decisions about working for yourself and take the right first steps toward successful self-employment.
The decision to start your own business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps:
· A careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks of working for yourself
· Exercises to help develop the self-employment idea
· A realistic overview of what it takes to pursue a self-employment opportunity
· Guidance to help avoid pitfalls and scams
· Ways to find trustworthy support and services
The Women's Business Center at Cornerstone Alliance is hosting a free workshop near you on Novemeber 7, 2017. Call 888-339-5617 to register.
For additional information, visit aarpfoundation.org/workforyourself. Work for Yourself@50+ is made possible in part through a grant from The Hartford.
When: Tuesday, November 14th, 2017; 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Where: WMU Napier Campus, 2785 E Napier Ave Benton Harbor, MI
A business model canvas is a strategic management template showing key elements of your business.
This workshop will:
• Show how to use the Business Model Canvas to develop a strategic growth plan
• Teach how to test a new product, program market or customer group ideas, quickly and at less cost
Facilitator: Bob Kynast, a mentor with SCORE of Kalamazoo/SW Michigan and 30 years of management experience
Registration Deadline: October 30, 2017